Friday, December 26, 2008

if you don't want to read about chelsea, don't read this post


carlo...sigh



me and gina with the boys in blue warming up behind us

YAY - what a game. I am so happy we went!!!!!!!!! Chelsea won (thank God) 2-0 to West Brom (who???? ha ha) this afternoon and it was a bright and beautifully sunny day.

We sat practically centre pitch, which was fantastic, and the view was absolutely amazing. When we got there, Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini (sigh) were on the pitch warming up with the goal coach. I am so grateful to havce seen both of these players, as it easily could have been Hilario as back up and in all honestly, even though I knew Cudicini wouldn't play, I liked seeing him on the bench! He is so pretty.

Then the team came out and it was so cool. I could actually pick out every single player (I know, I'm such a geek) and then I saw him...my footie God...Joe Cole.

Seriously people, he was in top form today. What a skilled player - the way he can move that ball is absolutely amazing. He had a killer cross to Drogba in what felt like the first 2 minutes of the game, and boom - Drogba heads the ball in. 1-0 Chelsea.

And the rest of the game just kept hammering on. Alex had an amazing defensive game - no one got by him and I think Cech was bored throughout the first half. It was amazing that Drogba and Anelka played side by side as both were strikers...at first I thought, What the Hell is Scolari thinking? But it worked out - they actually passed the ball to eachother. Holy Crap!

But Lampard...oh Lamps didn't have a good game. He missed all (but one stunning setup by Joe Cole) shot attempts, but eventually capitalized at the end of the first. But Chelsea was in control for the whole game. It was almost embarassing for West Brom. The fact that the goals only remained at 2 led simply to Chelsea error. A post here, one too many passes there, too much power on a chip in, etc. But Lampard...what an ass...a 2-on-1 break on the opposing goal keeper, Joe completely open, and Lamps goes for the shot...and by goes, I mean he kicked it right to the keeper. SHIZAH - I was mad...mind you, so were the other 44,000 in the stands.

And Ballack turned to be the most entertaining. He and number 24 were jawing at eachother the whole game, with Ballack getting the upper hand, until Cech cleared the ball in the second half, to Ballack, and the Brom f*cker grabs him by the hair (the hair people!) to prevent him from getting the header. Ballack turns around and shoves the guy so hard...so of course, he gets booked. Oh well - Ballack was a total biatch after that and it was funny to see.

That's the best part of a live game. You can pick a player and watch them for a while, and it was so neat to see it live. Especially Joe - what a guy. I think with JT out, and Lamps as acting as captain, Joe was #2. It's kind of funny to see a cute little shorty boss the big guys around, but they listened! :)

Too bad I can't post video. I got a zoom of his cute ass.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!