Tuesday, December 9, 2008

time to catch up

Again, sorry it’s taken so long to Blog but a weird thing is happening that takes me way from reporting anything, and that would be my day to day life! Saturday was such a busy day, walking back and forth to the Centre Court shopping centre to buy stuff for the house. I bought a killer duvet that totals to 15.0 tog…wow! Its so heavy and warm. I love how you can buy duvets here – my 15.0 duvet is actually 2 duvet’s put together. One weights 10.5 and the other is 4.5, so I can use it year round. Both together is warm enough for winter, the 10.5 is good for spring and fall and the 4.5 for summer. Sa-weet. There’s no way I’m leaving these beauties behind.

I also went Christmas party shopping on Saturday and found such a cute dress for the party at Wembley. Its silver and black and I think I’m going to buy those shoes I’ve been obsessing about at Clarke’s in my favourite purplish grey color. I’m in love with those shoes (I just can’t buy those Karen Millen’s although they are KILLING me!). They’re so hot!


my dress


my shoes

Sunday was a great day too – I took my last trip to Bayswater to get my stuff and move fully to Wimbledon. Bayswater is ok if you’re there as a tourist, but not a place to live permanently. It would be like living right off Stephen Avenue on a Friday after work, know what I mean? I met up with Alison Fisher, who I hadn’t seen in at least 6 years. She helped me move and it was so much fun. Mainly because all I had was one box, 2 suitcases and a bag of groceries, ha ha. But the short (but took forever to get there because of traffic) drive was a great chance for us to get all caught up. Once we dumped all my stuff off, we headed up to Wimbledon village and went to the swanky pub Dog and Fox. GREAT pub! I will be frequenting it as many times as possible! I finally had my first fish and chips with minty mushy peas (mmmmmm) with a pint of Pimm’s and Ginger. It was actually so warm in there I needed something refreshing. Indeed!

The part of Wimbledon I live in is like living off 17the Avenue – kind of like the kiddie table to the village which is a 10 minute walk up the hill, with its nice restaurants and even a Molton Brown. Be still my aching skin – I LOVE Molton Brown.

Anyhoo, I also got my tickets to the Chelsea game in my hot little hand. I cannot even begin to tell you the joy I have inside me to have those tickets. But this is the whole reason I came here – to do things and experience things on my bucket list, of which seeing Chelsea play is in my top 10. We have amazing tickets too, in the west uppers, sitting right above Roman Abramovich himself! To see the seats, click here – and I’m sitting in the west uppers (little green boxes). Yay! I hope I see Joe Cole play, and I’d love to see Drogba, Cudicini (in person, dear lord I’ll spontaneously combust on the spot if I do – I’ll put a pic of him up so you know what I mean), Lampard, Terry and Ballack. All on one piece of green. Bananas – you know what I’m talking about!

OK, must calm down…and I’m listening to the new Britney Spears (I know!) and its real good. Good on you girl! You got to admire someone who can pull herself out of that monstrous hole she dug herself in…and of course, loving the new Sugababes!


Carlo Cudicini (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!