
Yesterday, I lost my baby.
The only thing that is keeping me from sinking into a vast depression is this question - what am I gaining by selling my car? And I came up with some good answers that were namely experiences as opposed to concrete things. It could be my dream trip to Greece, about 12 Chelsea footie games, or perhaps a jaunt down to see my nonna. Either way, I have realized that MINI is just a car...nuts and bolts with moving parts that I can find at anytime in any place that I choose to. I can miss her a bit though...
We had one last ride to her new home and it was a fun one, with Madonna's Jump being the apropos song that ended it all.
So perhaps when/if I come back to Canada, I can repurchase a MINI, or go for the big kahuna...the BMW 135. Onward and upward!
nice trade, i say. and yes! of course you can miss her.
ReplyDeletethanks bananas
ReplyDeleteHey Giovanna,
ReplyDeleteyou know that i would be the first to leave a comment. First of all i would like to congratulate you on the power of your intentions. Good for you! a dream come true. I am feeling excited for you and look forward to reading your blogs, i just love blogs, especially from people i know. Dear Cousin, you are on point a Mini is just a Mini...what is more important are the experiences you are about to have in another Country! the relationships you will form, the places you will see. Of course upon your return i am sure you will manifest that big kahuna...BMW...or who knows maybe you may want a volvo then...hehehe just kidding. Many Blessings from Mena (hey how will i this work, will there be notices sent to email when you post on your blog?)
i am sad for you, but you are trading in for something amazing... there will always be a special place for the first car you bought without "settling"... :o)
ReplyDeletei think life is all about leaving something to gain something...friend and family for the adventure of a lifetime, the mini for your favourite spectator sport, the comforts of home for more frequent visits with your gram....it's the give and take of life, and you are embracing it with such dignity and joy that you have the admiration of all those around you. we can't wait to follow the story of your adventures and we know for every thing/one left behind, there is something to be gained in this journey you are making.
ReplyDelete.cb.
Way to go Gio! The first step of many exciting adventures! Congrats on everything sweetie! I'm excited to keep up with your blog!
ReplyDeleteLove Jasona :o)
Dodo, you are making a great move. The experiences you will have this coming year will last you a lifetime. There is always that 'what it', but going on this adventure will answer all your 'what ifs'. We of course will miss you, but you are only an email, phone call, webcam or blog away. Hey you might even get sick of hearing from everyone. Love you sweetie and will keep you in our prayers for a safe and happy year in England.
ReplyDeleteYour Godmother......
yay for dode! i am so excited for you in your new adventure
ReplyDeleteYou're not even gone and I miss you already. You had better have an awesome time, missy, or else!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go girl. i am so excited for you and yet gonna miss you to pieces.
ReplyDelete