
I actually got to the station on time today to catch the 7:15, and while waiting for the train, I though to myself ‘did I lock the door? Did I turn off the flat iron?’ and the doubt set in. I got on the train anyway, chiding myself because whenever I doubt, and I turn around and go back, everything is as it should be. So when I got to Epsom an hour later, I promptly called reception, told them my flat iron dilemma, and they went to make sure everything was a-ok. Whew!
Then, I broke out in hives.
I tried a new moisturizer from Aveda of all places, and everywhere I loobed up heavily, I hived out heavily! Dear lord. So after a great thai lunch with Aleksandra, we went to boots (where I discovered a shopping mall in the heart of Epsom) and stocked up on some Benadryl. You know, Epsom isn’t as bad as you think. It’s a smaller version of Aberdeen, and it’s a place I think I should consider living in. it definitely cuts down on the travel time (now down to 1:15 on the way to work and 1:10 on the way home), and will save me near £300 per month. Hmmmm…something to consider indeed. I can always go into London on the weekends, since I’m finding I get home so late, that I have enough time to make dinner, eat it, clean up and boom – its 8:30…since I get up at 5:30, that gives me little time to wind down and prepare for the next day. I haven’t been able to see London, even though I’m living in it.
Clapham is still an option, and will cut my travel time down in half, so I’ll still look there, but Epsom is looking better and better.
On the way home today I ran into so many Chelsea fans on the way to the carling cup game…it was exciting to see so many blues fans dressed in their finest blues. Good luck to them. I haven’t been able to see a game on tv yet because I have peasant vision and none of the pubs in my hood are showing the games. Maybe it needs to be a bigger game…I don’t think most people give 2 farts about the carling cup in the city. It’s a game for the younger reserves team I suppose, but good on arsenal for killing with their young gunners. We’ll see who Chelsea fields tonight, and hopefully they don’t slough off.
I bought Goal 2 the movie – yay! Gina and I will watch it on my laptop this weekend. Very excited. We plan on doing some shopping as well, which will be good. It’s been good to have her near here, so hopefully I’m ok when we part next week. I know she’ll be back soon though – she’s my date for the Wembley xmas party. Yay! It’s a black tie affair, so it should be nice. We’ll party with all of our counterparts: janes, global insights, etc…and we’re expecting some 1000 people. Talk about large in scale!
BTW – I hate Yesmail…
Well, I’m off to bed. I’m super tired today!
- it is now the next day and i know the chelsea score...sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!