Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 1 – It was a good day! – November 11


It stopped raining - I like to think that its because I brought the sun with me.

Ok, so I got up at my normal time and…had a HOT shower. Sa-weet. I got ready, head out the door at 7 am… and missed my 7:15 train to Epsom. Next one was at 8 pm. Since I didn’t have brekkie, I went and got some toast and a bit of orange juice and waited for the train. I finally got on and realized…I’m such a loser…I could have caught literally ANY train to Clapham junction and then caught another train to Epsom. I will do that tomorrow if I miss the 7:15 again. I will learn all the kicks and short cuts by the time I leave…I hope. Oh, and the train I did catch was so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I met Andrey today – my Russian friend and co-worker, who scared the crap out of me. He told me it took him months (as in more than one) to find an apartment, and that all the apartments were not up to our standards (and I’m like – wow, Moscow is better than London?) but realized he was talking about when he lived in Tokyo…and then I understood. I must get on the flatshare site immediately! I need to set up some appointments to find a room.

Epsom seems to be ok during the day, but everyone is telling me its NOT living material. I’ve noticed a few faces from the pic that Aleksandra sent to me ages ago. It was great to meet Jan, my new manager, and we went for lunch with Joelle (her counterpart with the PLC group). I had what can only be described as a normal day, and it made me happy. I MSN’d gina and patty, emailed martin (happy birthday martin), chris and gina, so it was like nothing had changed. Except for the fact that I keep screwing up my text because the keyboard is different enough to drive me crazy. My first major campaign kicks off tomorrow at 7 am. I pray for success! I am working on a user group meeting in January at the London Hilton on park lane, and am so excited! I hope tons of people register. AND, I almost forgot, my team is doing a Christmas Lunch in Tetbury (not sure how I'm going to get there) and the IHS Christmas party is at Wembley. ha ha. So funny. I thought my first visit to Wembley would either be a concert or a footie game.

I also got mail - thanks for the 'welcome' postcards Brad. I love them. And hey...I am sucking it up! I ain't no princess!!!! :)

OMG – I almost totally forgot…this woman, on the train home (significantly faster by the way) and she pulled out her weight watchers sandwich, and devoured that in like, 3 bites. She then ate her WW cheezie poofs and INHALED them…all I could hear was the crinkle of the package, a crunching of the air filled corn snack, and the she LICKED her fingers and sucked on them like they were her lifeline (I could put something naughty here, but Madison might read this so I can’t). Then she pulled out a WW snack bar – chocolate of course – and ate it in 3 bites. Just goes to show you…you lose weight on WW because they starve you. Don’t they all? Just because it has WW on the label, doesn’t mean it’s a good or healthy way to eat. Wait til you get home and eat broccoli and chicken…like I did, along with the rest of my wine! Followed up by plain yogurt, berries and honey for dessert.

Tonight, I’m on the hunt for laundry detergent…exciting isn’t it? Yes, because I’m doing it in LONDON! Ha ha

It was a beautiful day today – warm, sunny and a reminder of why I decided to come here.

Lat-ahs…see, I have an accent already. That’s me saying ‘later’. J

PS – Gail, I may have to abort my ‘project’…there might not be a project to test!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!