
Today was an interesting day. First…I slept in. I got up at 7 and normally, by 7, I’m almost at Victoria station to catch the 7:15 to Epsom. Sigh. So I plugged in my flat iron, got dressed (I had put the clothes out the night before), and packed a scone and orange juice for the ride into work. Then, I went to flat iron, and realized that yes, I plugged the flat iron in, but forgot to turn on the flipping light switch that operates the power to that specific plug. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and surveyed the damage. My hair was a mess…it was one whole week of washing with shampoo that normally I don’t wash with, so it was greasy looking, etc. the best I could do was slap my hair up in a headband. My shirt…was wrinkled. I looked like a ragamuffin. I was out the door in like, 3 minutes. And then the circle line was behind…so I got to Victoria station literally 2 minutes before the 7:57 left for Epsom. Otherwise, I’d have to figure out a Clapham route or wait til 9 pm…and that was unacceptable.
So I sat down, started eating my scone and the running through the cold outside and wearing a wool coat caught up to me and I started to get really warm. To prevent a big sweat I took my coat off, but it started. So not only do I feel dirty, I am starting to sweat. F*ck me. (sorry for the swears Madison). I get to work, still before everyone else, and I’m in slick hair, sweaty forhead, and a wrinkled shirt. Luckily it was ‘casual’ Friday. And…lots of new guys came in and I looked like crap. My only thought was ‘I can only get better, right?’
At lunch, I corrected some of the problem. I went to Boots (my saviour) and ‘tested’ some makeup and perfume…ha ha – and bought some pins to pin my hair back. I felt much better!
I got my cell phone today…that’s really the only big thing for today…ok, no I lie. Today at work, and every Friday, is ‘cake’ day. I laugh at the word cake because essentially, at 10:30 every Friday, the office goes up for a social event in the breakout room and has brunch. One table is breads crackers cheeses coldcuts pasties and quiche. Another table is FULL of sweets, like chocolate swiss rolls, mini pies, muffins, etc, and the last table has chips, chocolate bars, fruit and juice. Sweet mother of god. It’s a great place to meet your coworkers though, and it was great. I thought it was a potluck. Silly me.
So I went home, grabbed a shower and met up with gina at the Sheraton. I don’t know what star rating this place is, but compared to what I’m living in, this is like, 7 stars. Ha ha – not that my place is that bad, but its nice to be in a warm, comfy place. I’m blogging from there right now. We had a nice dinner tonight, and talked to isabell, mom and Madison. I’m a bit pissed too – one bottle of wine between the two of us…I’m such a lightweight.
I’m noticing a few things though – becoming a bit of a regular now. I slept in (no more jet lag!) and people annoyed me as I tried to get to my trains (and I didn’t need to read any screens to find them either).
Things are starting to feel good – now I just need to find a place. Send me all your good vibes people!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!