
It’s been a lovely week so far…and in getting my arse in gear, I wanted to avoid the whole one post per week syndrome and write a bit more often. We’ll see how it goes…it could be like a new year’s resolution where you make those promises but we all know what promises are made to be…
This week it was my darling Bumbola’s birthday…the beginning of the end of her 20s…sigh…I remember 29. Aside from Jonah being born it was a dreadful year!
Kate and I made a lurvley cake for ms. Bim, and we decided to decorate it like an aquarium. What an effort to get to that decision! You see, Bim’s been campaigning to buy a goldfish for the new office…you know, inject some life into the place. Its very new, very white, very sterile, and I think we’d all kill for some green plants or one solitary orange fish. Facilities says no…so…we made her an aquarium cake instead. Much fun! We then head to Pearl Liang for Chinese food…my first Chinese joint in the UK. It was ok, but at least the company was, as always, much adored. However, the Toffee Banana dessert was pretty fricking amazing.

Then on Thursday, I went out with a batch of new to me colleagues and what fun did we have. Not everyone knew each other, although I noticed we all knew Royston who is I think, more social than I am…can you possibly imagine that? So we decided to go and Karaoke our hearts out, and well, I was a Karaoke virgin. Luckily we went to The Endurance first for some liquid courage. I’m glad we went to that pub because I was able to find one of my fave restaurants Aurora in relation to my new home. Ya…it’s a 20 minute walk away – yay.

So after a couple of pints and getting to know (mostly) everyone’s name we head out for the Gallery Rendezvous where we had a private room for 20, all the Chinese food you could possibly imagine, more liquid courage, and a binder with about 1000 songs to choose from. So Michael was a trooper and went first with Celine Dion’s I Drove All Night so I thought….ok….just rip of that bandaid…so I was next up with The Killers Mr. Brightside, and well, from that moment on, there was no stopping me. There was a bit of JLo Waiting for Tonight, some Joan Jett I Love Rock and Roll, some Michael Jackson, Madonna, Roxette, Neil Diamond (gee, I guess which one) and thus began new friendships with my new to me colleagues. Although we so a Karaoke room for 2…dodgy…I’d say there’s more going on in there than Karoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone, always good to hear from you!